Yasmin is oral contraceptive pill that consists of both progesterone and oestrogen. Yasmis is designed to avoid ovulation and also cause changes in your cervical and uterine lining, which makes it difficult for sperm to penetrate into the uterus and difficult for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus. This medicine contains drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol as active ingredients. This combination is used to prevent pregnancy. This medication is also used to treat moderate acne in women who are over 14 years of age and have started menstruating and who would like to use contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy.
Using the contraceptive pill usually leads to lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding. Because of this sometimes it may also recommended for women who experience particularly heavy, painful or irregular periods.
How to use:
* Take this medicine exactly as recommended from your physician. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
* If you forget to take pills any time, the risk of getting pregnant increases.
Do not use:
* Do not take this medication if you miss two menstrual periods in a row or if you are pregnant because it may cause birth defects to an unborn baby.
* Do not use this medication if you have recently had a baby.
* Do not if you are allergic to drospirenone, ethinyl estradiol, or to any of the ingredients of Yasmin.
* Do not take if you have heart disease, liver disease or kidney disease.
* Do not take if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, severe high cholesterol, migraine headaches, an abnormal vaginal bleeding, blood vessel disease or blood clots, breast or uterine cancer.
This medication will not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases including HIV and AIDS.
Tell your physician as soon as possible if you notice any of the following symptoms:
* sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg
* chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder
* shortness of breath
* nausea, vomiting
* pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs
* sudden and severe headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance
* dark urine
* yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
* sleep problems, weakness, tired feeling, mood changes
Less serious side effects are:
* changes in weight or appetite
* stomach cramps or bloating
* changes in your menstrual periods, decreased sex drive
* weight gain
* vaginal itching or discharge
Yasmin should store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C. Store away from heat, light and moisture. Keep all medicines away from children and pets. Properly discard this medicine when it is expired.